25th Anniversary “Gala” planned
First it was a “Gala Dinner”, to celebrate the Alumni Association’s anniversary .. and now its a whole Gala Weekend!. I hear even some former locally employed colleagues from overseas will attend. The activities include sports- golf and tennis- culture – outing to an interesting manor house- and dining and wining with dinner at Thomas Prior Hall and a brunch- make that a “drunch”- lunch-dinner- on another day. Details in summary:
• The Gala Dinner will take place in the Thomas Prior Hall, Bewleys Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 on Saturday, 24th May from 7.30 p.m. with dinner at 8.30 p.m. Recommended dress code is Cocktail wear.
• For those playing GOLF on Friday 23rd, the venue is Edmonstown Golf Club, Edmondstown Road, Rathfarnham, teeing off at 1.30 p.m, followed by an informal meal. For further details, please contact John McGuire either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 087 2551723. Be sure to indicate if you need to hire clubs.
• TENNIS: The Mixed Doubles for the CCT Alumni Tennis Cup will be played at Fitzwilliam Lawn Tennis Club, Appian Way, Dublin, starting at 09.30 a.m. on Thursday 22nd May and followed by lunch at Fitzwilliam. Tennis partners will be arranged by Colum Mac Donnell and Geoff to ensure fair competition. Intended players should contact Geoff either by email, Geoffrey.email@example.com or by telephone, Dublin 01 2696155.
• Our CULTURE VISIT will be by tour bus to Rossborough House, departing from Simmonscourt Road, at the side of Bewleys Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 on Friday 23rd at 10.00 a.m. We will have tea/coffee on arrival and the tour will be followed by lunch at Rossborough House.
• Finally, on Sunday, 25th May at 2 p.m., we have arranged LE DRUNCH (i.e. dinner / lunch rather than breakfast / lunch) at the Marker Hotel, Grand Canal Square, Docklands, Dublin 2.
PAYMENT : As membership fees are due for 2014 on 1st April, we would ask that you pay both your membership (if not on standing order) and the cost of the events that you wish to attend – as listed below – by that date. Our Treasurer will have no interest in handling money at the event, as he will wish to participate as much or more than anyone in the evening’s activities. You can either pay by cheque made out to CTT Alumni Association and send it to John McGuire, The Coach House, 18 Belgrave Square, Rathmines, Dublin 6 or you can transfer the amount to our bank account: CTT Alumni Association, Bank of Ireland, Lower Baggott St, Dublin 2, Sort code 90 14 90, Account Number 95285650, IBAN number IE90 BOFI 9014 9095 2856 50. Please reference the transaction using your FULL NAME. Subscriptions are €25 for Ireland residents and €15 for overseas.